Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tired of Garbage Music? Check these men out: Maxwell & Jamiroquai

Alrite, I've been taking some time to get my thoughts together. Right now, my mind is being subjected to many changes and truths as they resonate with my soul at this time. I can always change my mind later.
So, please bear with me as I take the necessary time to my act/mind together. Until then, I'd like to leave you with two videos from fantastic artists like Maxwell and Jam

The first is Maxwell's This Woman's Work and to be completely honest there is a whole list of things I love about this song. One of the first things that come to mind is the way it pulls at my heart string's as soon as the song starts to play. I really can't say too much about Maxwell at this moment...I'd go on and on and on --well you get point.



Maxwell's This Woman's Work

The second video is by Jamiroquai. The name of the song is Corner of the Earth. It's a little jazzy toe-tapping song that you can't afford to miss or not give a good lesson. I was introduced to Jamiroquai in Germany. His music took over the Germany video station my husband and I use to listen to, in order to get our hip-hop & R.B fix. (In fact, that was the first time I heard of Cee-lo and have been in love with him ever since. It was the video of Closet Freak.) Jamiroquai made me take an geniune interest in him with the creative videos and his unique funky "come and take me" style.

Check him out. You'll be glad you did.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I came to visit your blog to thank you for your words of encouragement to me over at "Black Women Blow Your Trumpet". I can see by your description that we may have many things in common.

You can also visit my blog at:
http://amethystsworld.typepad.com/

I look forward to exchanging dialogue with you, and will come back later to start reading your posts.

Antoinette

DeStouet said...

Antoinette,

You're welcome!

I just left a comment on your blog.