Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thoughts By My Fellow Man: A Series

I am starting a series of Thoughts By My Fellow Man. Thoughts By My Fellow Man is a statement from an "average" human being that is of such insight and importance that everyone should hear it. It's important to know what our fellow man thinks.

The first Thought has been provided by my best friend, Link.

"As long as I'm eating NO man should starve...my bread is your bread."

Can anyone else say they have felt like this for another person? If you have when was the last time you had such a thought?

I met Link in Germany when he was ten years old. We clicked and have been like sister and brother since. He is my friend. Blood in, Blood Out. Link is nineteen years old and is looking forward to relocating to Germany for a job in the next year. He's a great hip-hop artist and likes to refer to himself as "Hip-Hop's Savior." And we all should be thankful for that given the current state of hip-hop. Good Luck Link! Check out his Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacecomlinklust

Because most of us are consumed with making money, keeping up with the Joneses' we no longer have the heart and concern to care for other human beings. I watch enough of it every day to know, that very few people can come out of their own worlds to enter into the zone of another person. It's a dangerous way to live and your soul will not benefit from this kind of thinking. Most of us live eat and thrive, but we are NOT sharing what we have with others.

As Link said, as long as each of us has something to give (smile, hug, book, song, letter, phone call, note card, money, food, clothing word of advice, ear, should of support) no other person should have to go without. DAMN!
Link, thank you for showing us that it is okay to share with others -whatever we have- and providing us with the first Thoughts By My Fellow Man.

No comments: