Thursday, October 2, 2008

I am Artemis Hunter: Devoted to The Chase (Poem)



I met a god on the way to the market place

With a smile upon his face

He walked upright

Strong like

His shoulders were bare and a tattoo of my name was engraved across his back

Intrigued, I then followed him until the wind swept him away


I cried in every emotion you can think of

Hoping my guy would reappear

Walking well into the night


"Fall back, my friend…fall back"


"Come unto thee & show me your face"


But the moonlight was not very bright that night

And he was able to hide amongst the shadows of our two worlds

I wish him well

I wish him peace

I never got his name

But neither could I forget mines

It was etched across his back



He can run for now

And at the morning's first light

I will hunt him down

No comments: