Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Destiny: Something To Which A Person or Thing is Destined






Like a minute in a day
lightning in the sky
As you were emerging from out of me
I began to cry

I didn't know much then
But I have a better understanding now
of the significance you had
in my life when you made your first sound

I'll never forget the sparkles that glistened
when I first looked into your eyes
in them were my reasons to live and thrive
that soon replaced my selfish thoughts of dying

The pure smell of your flesh
as I held you close
suddenly you were all that I needed
and what I wanted the most

Your smile

Your happiness

You

There has never been a time
when you haven't managed to make me laugh
from the first time you learned to walk
to the first time I gave you a bubble bath

In all of the world, there will never be another like you
take peace and comfort in this
bless the world with your presence
as you have done for me.

7 comments:

Somebodies Friend said...

That was beautiful!

DeStouet said...

Thank you!

Miriam said...

what a very pretty picture. Is that you, Destouet?

And beautiful poetry!

DeStouet said...

Miriam,

Welcome! No, that photo is of my oldest daughter.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree it is a very beautiful poem !

It says to me how much our children impact our lives for the better, so very true.

Anonymous said...

Peace & Blessings Destouet!

Your poem has me tearing up lady!

Ahhhh....

How very beautiful and sweet.

Your baby is gorgeous--love those eyes!

: )

DeStouet said...

Sister Seeking,

Thank you! My daughter has managed to always demand excellence from me and I thank her for that.