Friday, November 14, 2008

Start Venturing Out of Your Comfort Zone


I have gotten so comfortable in reading my books in classic literature and listening to my wide variety of music and speaking my opinion and loving until I destroyed the core and dressing in all colors of the rainbow and traveling extensively and dancing naked and cooking naked and being friends with every animal plant flower tree mountain known to man and sitting in my backyard watching the sunset and standing outside in the front of my house watching the sunrise and dancing in the rain and washing my hair in rain water and making love and massaging the bodies of my children & husband and writing love letters to people that I have loved and watching marriages fall apart and watching new lovers join forces and waiting for the right answer and thinking and pondering and caring and analyzing and figuring out and accepting and praying and mediating and doing.more.of.the.above. that I have forgotten to live life.

Oh yes, I am a master of rising up to the challenges of... heeding the call of... discovering the key to... that I have forgotten how to live. I don't know how to live how to let go --why to let go.

My comfort zone is to think my way into peace, and I have done that. My room is filled with all kinds of ancient Greek literature that I have read and digested. Books by philosophers and some of the world's brightest minds. I am comfortable here.

If I were to die tomorrow I have arrived but if I don't die tomorrow, I desire to go further.

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone. Buying books by about traveling and songs about Bach and people and colors and health. Add some more of life to me...at least for a while. Stop hiding from people and dealing with people. Letting others know that I am alive and flexible and friendly and funny. Walk into some of the world's most populated room to outshine everyone (I always do that.) But I have to get out first. I have to engage others and venture out of my comfort zone. Be even better than I am now.

2 comments:

DeStouet said...

Anonymous,

It's obvious you have real issues that I CAN NOT help you with. Find another site or another person to talk to but you are not allowed here anymore.

The Original Wombman said...

DeStouet, I am a city girl through and through. But I am stepping out of my comfort zone to start a garden in the backyard. I'm terrified of snakes and hate having dirt on my hands. But I want to make my peace with the Earth, I want to know the Earth. I think this is a very tangible way to reconnect and find a personal balance with the Earth. So I'm stepping out.

Stepping out is the *only* way to grow.