Friday, November 7, 2008

Have a Story? Share it!

I listen to other people because we all have our own unique story.

A perspective so unique and entirely ours we should always give praise to the creator. In the years before we take our final bow and see what else is out there, beyond the physical, we make some great strides and also spend a lot of time learning valuable lessons. People tend to refer to them as mistakes.

In the meantime, I've met wonderful people full of interesting thoughts, powerful ideas and who had the kindest of hearts. And most of mankind have not found favor with them.

For example, I am friends with a man named Jack. We meet up at our local library about 3 times a week and talk politics, people, and positivity. He believes in aliens, God and the need for major corporations. Whenever we talk or discuss things, he refers to me as a liberal, which still to this day amazes me. Me...a liberal! However, I am convinced that HE (although he downplays this) is a genius. He downplays his intelligence but there is no doubt he could hold a conversation with everyone from Einstein to Marx to Jesus and still shine. He is extremely intelligent & very gifted. He has to have an IQ of about 160 or so. And he is the most encouraging, interesting, humble person I have ever met. I am amazed at the things that comes out of his mouth and at the same time how humble & completely down to earth this guy is. I take away something each time we speak.

Every person is of interest and of heart and of talent and of a way to find a way. We fail to take the time to get to know the greatest of us unless they come forward with degrees, rank and power. And that's okay too. Everybody is of interest. But not everyone is as interesting and unbelievable as, Jack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you talk about your friend Jack, and the fact that he is amazing and has an IQ of around 160 it reminded me of the other day when I was wondering the same thing about myself.

I was just lying in bed and I was really tired, I have always thought of myself as above average intelegence but I have never tested to see what my IQ actually is. So as I lay there that is exactly what my question was.

I wonder what my IQ is?

I just thought it was funny that you mentioned it in your post today.

This Jack sounds like an extremely great guy, if as you say, 'most do not find favor with him' my question would be, WHY?

Are some people so narrow minded that they don't want to associate with someone like him?

Or is it Jealousy?
I bet that's what it is, it's the haters! Well I would tell your friend to just ignore them and find people that appreciate him for his special gift, and hang with those people.

Just a thought.

DeStouet said...

Anonymous,

Good Question...I wonder what my IQ is.

As far as Jack, you would probably love him if you met him. I'm sure he has a great number of friends but he is someone EVERYONE should know and engage in a conversation with -at least once in their lifetime. He could single handedly make the world a much better place.