Sunday, December 14, 2008

Celebrate Life


For far too long, I've been caught up in making improvements in every area of my life, but once I am successful, I immediately come up with another goal. Very rarely, have I've gotten to the top of a mountain and celebrated. Just jumped up and down, danced and sung to the tune of my success. I've decided that I am not going to do that anymore. In fact, I've decided that I am going to celebrate something about myself, every single day. I figure that if it's my life, my journey, my soul that is on the line, then I can throw a party for my choices, my seeds, my fruits and my joys everyday of the rest of my life.

As a human, I know whats it's like to be depressed, sad, angry, feel like a failure and consumed by the "blues". I also know exactly whats it's like to be in love, to give birth to life, to be consumed with joy and to find happiness in all of the small things many people take for granted. And since that is true for me, I have means to celebrate -much more than I allow myself to do.

And if I know life, the next hurdle is right around the corner. The next mountain in straight up ahead. They are not going anywhere. But in this moment, is victory.

As many demons as I wrestle with, I have beaten more than I currently wrestle with. As many strongholds I have yet to get rid of, I have watched millions fall to the waist side. I am a bad "Motha-Shut-Your-Mouth". To come through a childhood like mines and still be able to stand tall, shows the amount of work I put in. I am not bitter, still teachable, still open and receptive to all. Now if that is not reason enough to keep a smile on my face, and victory in my heart, it will never be enough.

If now is not the time to celebrate it will never be the time. I celebrate because I kick ass! I celebrate because I have freed myself. I celebrate because I have broken the chain. I celebrate because single-handedly I am the greatest person who ever existed -hands down. I celebrate because I am my own hero. I celebrate ME because I don't need a reason, and I know it.

3 comments:

Somebodies Friend said...

I love your posts, they make me realize how good I have it, because sometimes I don't see things the way they are.

I have been having a very hard day, and when I have a hard day I forget how good life is for me.

I know things will change, I have faith.

I just need to follow your lead and hold my head up the way you do and I know everythng will be OK!

Thank You!!!

The First Domino דומינו said...

In fact, I've decided that I am going to celebrate something about myself, every single day.

You're an inspiration to us all. I like the thought above.

And you're right, we have more to celebrate than we acknowledge.

Life, really, should be one grand party, one big celebration, filled with joy, hope, and promise, and not the kind of party we often indulge in--"a pity party."

You write very well, and this blog entry is written especially well.

Namaste

Patricia Singleton said...

This visit is long overdue. I read your comments on my blog and learn from everyone of them. This is one of the most encouraging articles that I have ever read for celebrating being alive. Aren't we blessed and yes, we have overcome so many obstacles to get to where we are as glorious, loving women that we are today. Life is as grand as we allow it to be. I look forward to reading more.