Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lately

Boy...where do I start?

I have been on a natural high for the last few months. For the most part, I spend my mornings walking to the local produce store, my afternoons cooking supper and my evenings at the gym. So, it's very difficult for me to share with you the way I feel because I have no desire to have my words to appear diluted.

In fact, there are no words that could describe the drastic changes that are occurring within me or my life. There are no words that could tell about the calming feeling that have taken over me. There is nothing that I could say to you, my fellow man, that would give you a glimpse into my psyche at the moment.

What I can say though is that, I'm a peace with myself. I am maturing and wising up about my future. About my family. About my happiness and about my destiny. Each day I am elated and overly excited to be able to wake up and be granted another chance at living and proving myself to be an intelligent being. I'm taking nothing for granted, nor am I leaving anything to chance. And for the very first time in my life, I have set up boundaries for myself. For the very first time in my life, I am confident.

And I am not taking about the confidence that you "fake it until you make it". But the one that is marked by your character. The one that causes you to walk differently than you have ever walked before. The attitude that says to the world that you care about yourself, and they ought to take everything you say serious, or else.

I've suddenly become extremely important.

So, I hope you can imagine how difficult it would be for me to go into any details about this transition. It's something personal that must be felt, or witnessed, not written about.

With that being said, I hope things are going well with each of you. That you are learning and serious about your purpose in life. I hope each one of you find a reason to stand tall, and remain calm.

No comments: